Dynamic questions in a submission form

mcmace

Question

I need to create a candidate questionnaire for upcoming municipal elections. I've done it before but I have been asked to add a dynamic component to the form. My editor's want a community-specific question for the candidates, to go with the other standard questions.

Our field of candidates is too large to try to do a custom form for each candidate. So I'm assuming I will need to add some trigger field, either typed entry or dropdown, that when entered/selected, will display the community-specific question for the candidate.

Is anyone aware of a way to add this functionality to a submission form DataPage? If so, how will the source table need to be setup? FYI, I'm a novice with php and javascript if there is any custom programming that needs to be done.

Thank!

Matthew

1 answer to this question

You can have something like collapsible section: http://howto.caspio.com/tech-tips/creat ... tions.html

based on the user selection it will open a section. It needs extra programming the same as what you see in that example with some changes. It is easier if you have radio buttons then based on the selection display the section that includes all questions.

Regards,

NKamalan