Hello,

I have a data series similar to the following:

Date...Point Type...Number of Points

1/1/2011...Actual...5

1/2/2011...Actual...4

1/3/2011...Actual...3

1/4/2011...Predicted...2

1/5/2011...Predicted...1

I would like to create a line chart with some conditional formatting so that if the row contains an "actual" value, the line displays as one colour while if it contains a "predicted" value it displays a different colour. This doesn't seem to be possible in the settings unless I am missing something.

I have tried splitting the data series into two separate columns based on the "point type" field because I thought this might be the key to implementing conditional formatting in caspio. Unfortunately, unlike excel, the caspio application treats a blank value as a zero which makes a chart look pretty funny.

Anyone else have any luck successfully implementing some kind of conditional formatting into a chart?

2 answers to this question

Hello Barbara

If I split the data source into two separate columns, by nature I will have blank values. Applying the filter will remove all of my data. Here is the data split into two columns:

Date...Number of Points Actual...Number of Points predicted

1/1/2011...5..Null

1/2/2011...4...Null

1/3/2011...3...Null

1/4/2011...Null...2

1/5/2011...Null...1

This data format actually does work to format the chart with two different colours of lines, except fot the fact that null values show up as zeros on the chart, which makes the chart display pretty funny.