Problems creating a basic email or newsletter app.

DavidwDavis

Question

I want to build an app that will send an email to a list of emails in another table. I have created two tables; one for the subject and message (a simple 2 field table), which includes a trigger to send the email, and one that has the list of email addresses. Below is the trigger that is attached to the email message table. The trigger includes a join so I can pull the TO addresses from the email list table. The tables are also joined in the relationships and in a view. Each time I try to use this app I get a message that says, "Values cannot be submitted due to a data restriction." I have no idea why I am getting that message, what I am not doing correctly with the trigger, or if I am going about this the wrong way entirely. Any help would be appreciated.

David 

image.thumb.jpeg.1cf144caa8a411e85e5cda5ac8f08003.jpeg

2 answers to this question

I figured out the problem, or at least got it working. I removed all of the joins I had made between the tables (only because they were probably done incorrectly) and only used the join in the trigger. Below is my new trigger. So far this seems to be working. I can type in the subject and message in the app screen and it will send the emails to everyone on the list that meets the criteria. 

image.thumb.jpeg.5f39e71a77412c0ebaaaad691ee7f115.jpeg