CSS For Datapages and HTML Overflow Content

Hello! I am using the modal script to input modals on my website, (YouTube tutorial) and am having problems with the form not auto sizing to the modal box. I can see how to fit the over flow inside but the content scrolls horizontal and doesn't fit to size. If I make the screen smaller it goes to correct size as its responsive to mobile. I was told in the help chat to input the CSS into the header of the corresponding data page but Ive tried a couple things and it ends up showing up in the preview, so Im not sure where to put it and what. Thank you! I

To address the issue of your form not auto-sizing to the modal box and causing horizontal scrolling, you can adjust the CSS within the header of the corresponding data page. Here's a step-by-step guide:

1. Identify the Modal Content:

Firstly, identify the container or element within your modal that needs to be styled to ensure it fits correctly without horizontal scrolling. Let's assume the modal content is wrapped in a container with a class named .modal-content.

2. Add CSS for Responsive Sizing:

Place the following CSS code within the header of the corresponding data page. This code ensures that the modal content adapts its size responsively:

<style>
    .modal-content {
        max-width: 100%; /* Ensure the content doesn't exceed the viewport width */
        overflow-x: auto; /* Enable horizontal scrolling if needed */
    }
</style>

3. Explanation of CSS:

• max-width: 100%: This ensures that the content won't exceed the width of its containing element (the modal box in this case). It allows the content to be responsive and fit within the available space.

• overflow-x: auto; This property enables horizontal scrolling when the content is wider than the viewport. It prevents the content from extending beyond the screen width, and users can scroll horizontally if needed.

4. Apply the CSS Class:

Make sure to apply the .modal-content class to the appropriate container within your modal where the form is located. If your modal script generates a specific class for the modal content, use that class instead.

5. Testing:

After adding the CSS, test your modal on various screen sizes to ensure that the form auto-sizes to the modal box without causing horizontal scrolling. Make adjustments as needed based on your specific modal structure.

Important Note:

If you are still experiencing issues or if your modal script is affecting the preview, consider encapsulating the CSS within a <style> tag in the <head> section of your HTML document or an external CSS file linked to your page. Ensure there are no conflicts with other stylesheets.

By following these steps, you should be able to resolve the problem of the form not auto-sizing correctly within your modal. Adjustments may be needed based on the specific structure and styles applied by your modal script.

Here are some best CSS online learning platforms:
1. W3School  2. Iqra Technology  3. JavatPoint

14 hours ago, KhanZain said:

To address the issue of your form not auto-sizing to the modal box and causing horizontal scrolling, you can adjust the CSS within the header of the corresponding data page. Here's a step-by-step guide:

1. Identify the Modal Content:

Firstly, identify the container or element within your modal that needs to be styled to ensure it fits correctly without horizontal scrolling. Let's assume the modal content is wrapped in a container with a class named .modal-content.

2. Add CSS for Responsive Sizing:

Place the following CSS code within the header of the corresponding data page. This code ensures that the modal content adapts its size responsively:

<style>
    .modal-content {
        max-width: 100%; /* Ensure the content doesn't exceed the viewport width */
        overflow-x: auto; /* Enable horizontal scrolling if needed */
    }
</style>

3. Explanation of CSS:

• max-width: 100%: This ensures that the content won't exceed the width of its containing element (the modal box in this case). It allows the content to be responsive and fit within the available space.

• overflow-x: auto; This property enables horizontal scrolling when the content is wider than the viewport. It prevents the content from extending beyond the screen width, and users can scroll horizontally if needed.

4. Apply the CSS Class:

Make sure to apply the .modal-content class to the appropriate container within your modal where the form is located. If your modal script generates a specific class for the modal content, use that class instead.

5. Testing:

After adding the CSS, test your modal on various screen sizes to ensure that the form auto-sizes to the modal box without causing horizontal scrolling. Make adjustments as needed based on your specific modal structure.

Important Note:

If you are still experiencing issues or if your modal script is affecting the preview, consider encapsulating the CSS within a <style> tag in the <head> section of your HTML document or an external CSS file linked to your page. Ensure there are no conflicts with other stylesheets.

By following these steps, you should be able to resolve the problem of the form not auto-sizing correctly within your modal. Adjustments may be needed based on the specific structure and styles applied by your modal script.

Here are some best CSS online learning platforms:
1. W3School  2. Iqra Technology  3. JavatPoint

Ok so here you can see my problem! This is desktop view. I need to resize more and fit vertically. Thank you!!

Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 3.20.59 PM.png