Two Column Layout

equator

Question

Hi,

I am having a problem with layout that seems like it should be easy but I have not been able to make it work. I want to have a page that has two columns. The column on the left is text fields for data entry and the column on the right is a photo. The user needs to see both the text fields and the photo side by side so they can enter the information that they see in the photo.

I have tried to put an HTML block with this code in it:

[@field:Image]

However, the text fields just end up below the photo, not beside it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

4 answers to this question

This code works if you have it in results page in Gallery or List view. So you enter an HTML Block before your file field and another HTML Block after your file field then place the codes as below:

HTML Block 1:

Your File Field

HTML Block 2:

Try it this way and it should work. If you want this in submission forms or details page of reports then the code will be different.

Best,

Bahar M.

The code in details and submission form will be complicated as the layout is based on tables tr and td elements and you need to manipulate the Caspio arrangement of tables, tr, tds in order to get the desired layout. This is not recommended solution however there is another way to achieve this in details page by using one HTML block to include all the fields that you want to display on one side and then from the Advance tab check "Next element on the same line" and the next element would be your file field.

To insert the fields inside HTML block you should enable parameters and insert the fields into the block and format them using HTML coding.

Does this help?

Best,

Bahar M.