Search results page always displays "no results found"

BCDministries

Question

Hi,

I have just upgraded from the trial version and at the same time updated and uploaded a new version of my data page (which I completed in Excel). I am only using the Data Wizard and I am not coding it in, so I really dont understand what has gone wrong. I deployed it to my website and now, each time I try to search the database the Results page displays "no results found".

If you would like to see what I mean, you can try a search on my website at http://www.behindcloseddoorsministries. ... e-services

What has gone wrong? No html coding answers please as I am using the wizard and not code.

Thankyou

5 answers to this question

Hi,

Yes I had already done both of those but it didn't make any difference.

Atm I have had to completely change the layout of the search, as well as no longer have it embedded in my website and have it as an external link, just so people can access all the results.

If I can't create a search which works, then there's no reason for me to use Caspio.

I can see why it is not working. For Yes/No fields on the results page you need to choose the form element as radio button so it gives you the option of "Any" as well as "Yes" and "No". The option "Any" should be the default selected of each radio button.

The problem when you have a checkbox on search is that for example when none of them are checked the query is looking for the records where each yes/no field is equal to No (because the checkbox is not checked) however when you dont check any of them you mean ignore the criteria which is the "Any" option in the radio button.

Hope this information helps.

Best,

Bahar M.