Combining datapages based on parameters

simonasmithuk

Question

Hi

I'm hoping you can help here. I'm trying to create forms where depending on a certain parameter value a user will receive a combination of two datapages. The first datapage links to a generic name and address table and the second links to a separate, targeted table based on my company type field. I'd like to see them on the same page if possible.

Thanks

Simon

8 answers to this question

Not sure I'm being clear. I'm thinking that I want to create an outer table join based on a parameter in one of the tables. I seem to be able to get caspio to recognise the join but do my assumption is that I then create a specific datapage with the joined tables but that doesn't seem to work so I'm a little confused how I can get the behaviour I'm after.

Thanks

Simon

OK so we can only update one table as part of the join. I do though need to create a form where the name and address is written to one table and then stats are written to another and then contacts are written to another, potential as one transaction. They are all related with primary and foreign keys and I would like the screens to look like a seemless process to the end user. It may be that those forms are completed singularly or as a work flow. I'd like to avoid a submit button for each table but have one combined when all required fields have been completed. Could this be done by combining the 3 datapages on one web page with tabs to navigate , or as mentioned before placed serially on a page ? There will be a lot of fields on a single page and my concern is that it'll look a bit messy.

OK so we can only update one table as part of the join. I do though need to create a form where the name and address is written to one table and then stats are written to another and then contacts are written to another, potential as one transaction. They are all related with primary and foreign keys and I would like the screens to look like a seemless process to the end user. It may be that those forms are completed singularly or as a work flow. I'd like to avoid a submit button for each table but have one combined when all required fields have been completed. Could this be done by combining the 3 datapages on one web page with tabs to navigate , or as mentioned before placed serially on a page ? There will be a lot of fields on a single page and my concern is that it'll look a bit messy.

I have just started using Caspio myself and have many of the same questions. Specifically, is it possible to have something akin to a subform on a datapage? Where the main datapage processes the one-side table, and the "subform" processes the many-side table?

@Pavilion, currently you can achieve this using passing parameters and deploying multiple DataPages into one web page. An example is explained in this article http://howto.caspio.com/parameters/in-a ... pages.html.

However it is in our 2012 roadmap to have one to many implementation inside one DataPage or Canvas.

Best,

Bahar M.