Calendar Navigation

spearheading

Question

Hi

I've created a booking system, which uses a calendar datapage as the main interactive element for taking the bookings. A few of my clients, who use the system daily, have asked if there is a quicker way of navigating from month to month views, without having to click the 'next' key several times.

Is it possible to have a 'mini-calendar' view displayed, with 6 months or 1yr view ahead, so that you can click on the actual date that you want to go to on the main calendar view?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

3 answers to this question

Hi,

There is custom JS solution for this.

Insert following code in the footer of the results page (example for monthly calendar):

<input type="text" id="opendate" onkeyup="if(event.keyCode==13)opendate();" />
<input type="button" value="Jump to date" onclick="opendate()"/>

<script type="text/javascript">
function opendate(){
 var vDate = document.getElementById("opendate").value;
 var mDate = new Date(vDate);
 if(!mDate)return;
var startDateString = "cbCalendarStartDate=" + mDate.getDate() + "/" + (mDate.getMonth() + 1) + '/' + mDate.getFullYear();

if(document.location.href.indexOf("cbCalendarStartDate") != -1) {
    document.location.href = document.location.href.replace(/cbCalendarStartDate=[0-9\/]+/ig, startDateString);
} else {
    var separator = document.location.href.indexOf('?') != -1 ? '&' : '?';
    document.location.href = document.location.href + separator + startDateString;
}
}
</script>

Hope this helps.

Thanks ShWolf,

This has been really helpful but, for some reason, I am getting inconsistent results when I use the 'Jump To' box. It jumps to the required date five or six times in a row and then stays on the current view. Do I need to change anything within the JS or could I be doing something else wrong? If it can work 100%, it's a perfect solution for my problem!