How to have a url in a calculated field

I want to have a calculated field where the user either sees a link to click on (which redirects to a document), or sees a message "The document hasn't been uploaded yet".

I tried to do this by having the following in a calculated field:

CASE

WHEN [@field:File]<>'' THEN [url="[@field:File]"]Click here to read the document[/url]

ELSE 'The document hasn't been uploaded yet.'

END

But this doesn't work. When I want to go the the details page I get Error in formula.

Do you have any suggestions? I can't upload the file to Caspio, so that is not an option.

Thanks!

Bjorn

I want to have a calculated field where the user either sees a link to click on (which redirects to a document), or sees a message "The document hasn't been uploaded yet".

CASE

WHEN [@field:File]<>'' THEN [url="[@field:File]"]Click here to read the document[/url]

END

But this doesn't work. When I want to go the the details page I get Error in formula.

Do you have any suggestions? I can't upload the file to Caspio, so that is not an option.

Thanks!

Bjorn

Hi Bjorn,

You cannot write HTML code in calculated field. The best solution is to add html block with Java Script instead of calculated field:

if( '[@field:File]' != "")

document.write('Click here to read the document');

else

document.write('The document hasn't been uploaded yet.');

CASE

END

Thanks!

Bjorn

Hi Bjorn,

You cannot write HTML code in calculated field. The best solution is to add html block with Java Script instead of calculated field:

else

document.write('The document hasn't been uploaded yet.');

Beautiful casyana! Thank you so much for your reply!

Have a nice week! :)

• 3 years later...

Hi Bjorn,

<script>
else
document.write('The document has not been uploaded yet.');

</script>

Thank you, Casyana!