text search multiple fields

mostd45

Question

Hi,

How can I implement ONE input search text field and display results based on multiple fields in my database?

For example, my database includes Restaurant Name, City and Cuisine Type (i.e., Italian, Chinese, etc.).

I would like the user to enter their search into ONE text field (it can be multiple words) and for Caspio to display the results that contains these words based on the 3 fields listed above.

Thanks!!

3 answers to this question

You can do the keywords search by creating two DataPages. It is similar to this tutorial:http://howto.caspio.com/parameters/in-action/in-action-search-page-and-results-page-in-two-different-webpages.html

1. Create a Web Form for searching field.

2. Create a Search and Report Page to display the results. Please note on the Select Filtering Fields screen, push all the searchable fields to the right panel (all the fields you would like to be accessible to your users). Set the Logical Operator in the right bottom into OR.

Hi, just to add to the previous comment above,  As I understand, you want to create a search form which can search to all the fields, right? If that is the case, you may also check this link:  https://howto.caspio.com/faq/reports-datapages/how-to-do-keyword-search-across-multiple-fields/

I have also another workaround, on your table, add another field and set it to Formula. Then, concatenate the fields you want to use in your report. If all your field are in Text datatype , you can use [@field:FieldName1] + ' ' + [@field:FieldName2] + ' ' + [@field:FieldName3] on your Formula Field. Then, use this formula field as your search criteria, it should look like the attached screenshot. 

I hope that helps.

Power search.png