Redirect to a specific page based on username

wrbcbu

Question

Hi there,

I have around 15 unique users that need to go to their own unique page (this is for a large company directory and each department has a user who will be in charge of updating that department's listing). So, the ideal scenario would be this:

-User A for Department A goes to department-login.html that has a login form

-User A types in their login details and gets sent to a data page that is filtering based on Department A

-User B for Department B goes to department-login.html that has a login form

-User B types in their login details and gets sent to a data page that is filtering based on Department B

Is this possible? Am I over-thinking this? So far I have this working with ONE user, but as it works now I'd have to create seperate login pages for EACH user and seperate data pages for each department. Surely there is a better way or at least a way to transfer to the right page based on the username?

Thanks in advance!

4 answers to this question

I'm having trouble. I created an authentication table that has the fields:

-Name

-Password

-User ID

I want to create a field (foreign key) in the main database of users that I can link to the User ID field of the authentication table (key). How can I do this?

You can use authenticated field in the submission form which submits to the main table. So in your table you need to have user_id (foreign key), in your submission form which submits new entries to this table you need to include the user_id and choose form element "Hidden" then you will see the option to select the authenticated field. This requires your submission form be inside an authenticated folder and authentication based on your users table where you have primary key user_id.

Best,

Bahar M.

Hi just to update this post and to add to the previous comments above, you may check this Howto documentation about redirection based on their user roles: https://howto.caspio.com/tech-tips-and-articles/common-customizations/create-user-specific-redirect-after-login/

The most common redirect is based on user type. For example, if the user is an administrator the user is directed to the admin dashboard/portal/interface. If the user is a manager, then the user is directed to the manager dashboard/portal/interface.