Could Someone Guide me with Integrating Caspio Forms into WordPress Site?

besoss

Question

Hello there,

I am new to Caspio and recently started integrating Caspio forms into my WordPress site. While I have managed to embed a few forms using the Caspio plugin, I'm facing some challenges and would appreciate any guidance or advice you can offer.

I am encountering issues with the responsiveness of the embedded forms. On smaller screens; the forms don't adjust well; and elements sometimes overlap, making it difficult for users to fill them out. I have tried tweaking the settings in the Caspio DataPage and the WordPress plugin; but I am not sure if I am missing something critical. Has anyone else experienced this, and what steps did you take to ensure your forms are mobile-friendly?🤔

I am curious about customizing the look and feel of the forms to better match my websites design. While I have been able to change basic elements like fonts and colors, I am struggling with more advanced customization; such as altering the layout or adding custom CSS. Are there resources or best practices that you could recommend for achieving a more seamless integration?

Also, I have gone through this post; https://forums.caspio.com/topic/11376-caspio-datapage-integration-with-wix-aws-devops-and-wordpress/ which definitely helped me out a lot.

Lastly; I have some forms that require conditional logic based on user input. While I have implemented this within Caspio; I am not entirely sure how well it integrates when the forms are embedded in WordPress. Are there any known limitations or issues with this kind of functionality that I should be aware of?

Thank you in advance for your help and assistance.😇

5 answers to this question

Hi @besoss,

I don't think the WP Caspio plugin is maintained or required anymore. Have you tried simply adding the Deploy Embed script to an HTML Block in your wordpress page? See Custom HTML Block .

Wordpress does have some known  behavior where CSS from the website it can interfere with the CSS loaded from Caspio, but this also depends on the site theme you are using. CSS can always be customized in Caspio as well if something doesn't work properly. I haven't found any limitation with regards to conditional logic; if it works in the Caspio URL it should work in your website too, assuming there isn't conflicting code.

I use Wordpress.org with the Avada Theme and do not have to use the Caspio Plugin any longer ( I think for the last 3+ years). The theme of your website is going to override the style of the caspio form in certain places, so you will need to play around with the css or find a theme that works best with caspio. Like @DrSimi pointed out, if you can see your app is functioning properly when you paste your deployment URL into a browser, the app is fine. If it is functioning different when deployed, your site's theme is causing an issue (see screenshot).

When creating your datapage make sure you enable responsive on page two under Content Loading Option - this is checked by default (but may be different based on the caspio subscription you have).

deployment url.png

To address responsiveness issues with Caspio forms on WordPress, adjust the form width in Caspio’s DataPage settings and use custom CSS with media queries in WordPress to fix overlapping elements. For advanced customization, apply custom CSS through WordPress or Caspio’s DataPage settings. Conditional logic should work but test thoroughly to ensure no conflicts with your WordPress setup. Check Caspio’s documentation and forums for more guidance.

Hello there! Caspio releases a new feature called "integrations"! Refer below: 

Caspio Extensions is a new plug-and-play capability that connects your Caspio account to third-party services, enabling various functionalities. We are very excited about the roadmap of Extensions and in future releases, we will open it up for our partners and even customers to create their extensions.

Source: https://howto.caspio.com/release-notes/caspio-52-0/#:~:text=Introducing Caspio Extensions