Sorting In A Search And Report Database

maverick

Question

I have a table which stores price information for each record. When I display results via a search and report datapage, I am currently sorting them based on price - low to high. That part works great and I've no issues with. 

My problem is as follows - the table has some records that have no price information in it. These records are being treated as price $0 and are therefore ranked higher than other records that have valid price data. What I want is for the records with no price information to be sorted lower - i.e. displayed after all the records that have price information in them. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks for your help in advance.

post-13680-0-08683900-1378396254_thumb.p

2 answers to this question

Thanks for your response Emma! 

Actually filtering the blank records doesnt work because I want the records with $0 to be displayed - just displayed *AFTER* the ones with valid price info in them. 

I figured out another way to do this. I manually updated the records with no price information to have a max price e.g. $1000. This way the sort functionality always sorts them correctly. Thanks for your help.