Converting Existing Html Form To Work With Caspio

maverick

Question

I have a couple of HTML (non-caspio) forms that I need to maintain as-is but I wanted them to submit data to my Caspio Datapage. So I found this howTo link which makes sense for the most part.

http://howto.caspio.com/tech-tips-and-articles/advanced-customizations/how-to-convert-existing-html-forms-to-work-with-caspio/

However, it doenst say what the input field names should be in my non-caspio form. Should the field names match the field names in my datapage or should they be "InsertRecord<field_name>".

Has anybody used this deployment technique in the past? Just wondering how well it works.

Appreciate your time and help in advance.

3 answers to this question

Hello Maverick,

You can create any input field names in your non-caspio form and in your DataPage.

But you need to receive parameters in your DataPage.

1) When you enable parameters in your DataPage, you see the Advanced tab for every field on the Configure Fields step of the wizard. 

2) Select "On load Receive value or parameter", select "External Parameters" and enter your input field name of non-caspio form as Parameter, in format [@FieldName]

After that, when a user clicks the Submit button in your non-caspio form, the Caspio DataPage with prefilled fields will open.