Significant Digits In Numbers

Thor

Question

I have a datapage that automatically insert numbers from a Caspio table into an html generated table on a Details page. Calculated values are also inserted into the table on the Details page.

The problem is that a number such as 43 is incorrectly inserted into the table as 43.00. A number such as 1.23 is correctly inserted into the table as 1.23. What code do I need to insert so that 43 is inserted as 43 and not as 43.00? Numbers such as 1.23 would still need to be inserted as 1.23, and not simply as 1.

Thanks,

Thor

5 answers to this question

Hi MayMusic,

Thanks, but formatting for number field type is set to None. Common English is the set localization for the Datapage.

The number fields are called within an html block. Refer below to the html code use to generate a portion of the table where the numbers are inserted into cells.

<td width="111" valign="top" style="border: 1px solid rgb(0, 0, 0); vertical-align: top; letter-spacing: 0px; word-spacing: 0px;">
        <p align="center" class="MsoNormal" style="text-align:center"><span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10pt; ">[@field:MyNumber#]</span></p></td>
      <td width="111" valign="top" style="border: 1px solid rgb(0, 0, 0); vertical-align: top; letter-spacing: 0px; word-spacing: 0px;">
        <p align="center" class="MsoNormal" style="text-align:center"><span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10pt; ">[@calcfield:1#]</span></p></td>

Specifying the number of decimal places to 2 digits via localization or custom formatting still displays a number such as 90 as 90.00. I need 90 to display as 90.

Specifying the number of decimal places to 0 digits would display a number such as 5.37 as 5. I need 5.37 to display as 5.37.

What would you try next?

Hello - if you want to use ROUNDDOWN and ROUNDUP like from Excel, you can use these formulas:

Excel:

Round to last nearest 5 = ROUNDDOWN(A2/5,0)*5
Round to last nearest 10 = ROUNDDOWN(A2/10,0)*10
Round to last nearest 50 = ROUNDDOWN(A2/50,0)*50
Round to last nearest 100 = ROUNDDOWN(A2/100,0)*100

Caspio:

FLOOR([@field:Number]/50)*50

Excel:

Round to next nearest 5 = ROUNDUP(A2/5,0)*5
Round to next nearest 10 = ROUNDUP(A2/10,0)*10
Round to next nearest 50 = ROUNDUP(A2/50,0)*50
Round to next nearest 100 = ROUNDUP(A2/100,0)*100