Help With Creating Message System

HaydenHamilton

Question

Hey,

I tried searching the forum but can't seem to find the topic I am looking for. I am running into a bit of a confusing spot, hopefully you all can help.

I have 3 levels of registered users (ranked from "highest" to lowest)

-Admin

-Business

-General

I am trying to build a messaging system (I watched the classifieds tutorial that touches on this...still a little confused) that allows -General users to message -Business users, and have it show up on a report datapage (on the backend of the -business users profile page). It is working now so that when you click "contact" it automatically loads the business' User ID into the submission data, however I can't seem to figure out how to make it work so that it automatically loads the actual sender's ID (the -General user) and implements that into the submission form as well. Is this possible?

If more details are needed please ask, I can tell you how I have the tables set up!!

Thanks for any help!!

2 answers to this question

Hello haydenh,

If I understand correctly, there is a link on a Report DataPage that sends a letter to a user.

Do you use Field Option "Email link" on the Results DataPage? In this case you can add parameters to Subject and Body.

Please correct me if my understanding is not correct.