Loss Of Parameters On Record Delete In Tabular Report

Niranjan

Question

I have a number of instances of the user moving from one tabular report on a parent entity, by clicking on one of the records, to go another tabular report on the child entity. I am passing parameters through the query string. I have noted that if I happen to delete a record in the parent tabular report, and THEN click on some other record to drill into the child tabular report, then only the parameters of type [@field:XXX] get passed correctly, and other parameters of type [@XYZ] get dropped. This dropping does not happen if I have not deleted any record in the parent tabular report. This functionality is deep inside the app and you can't replicate the issue by simply going directly to that page so I am not including any URL at this stage. I have raised a trouble ticket as well in parallel. This has become urgent, appreciate the help.

8 answers to this question

Hello Niranjan,

As far as I know, when a record is deleted the page is reloaded and all parameters that are not fit with fields are cleared.

Maybe, you can assign your parameters with some hidden fields? This hidden fields will get a parameter and pass it to the next page. Does it work for you?

Actually too many parameters and putting them in field across too many pages will need a lot of renormalisation which I was trying to avoid. Also this reload refresh is not consistent - when I explicitly refresh parent from a pop-up sub window this problem doesn't happen! 

Thanks Jan, in fact I had a call with Expert Services and another with Professional Services at Caspio, we investigated the same setting - AJAX - incidentally it is ticked and greyed out, so I can't change it. But the important thing is  that it is ticked so it should have worked. 

PS folks are looking into why it was ticked and greyed out automatically, and more importantly why it is not working even with a tick here.

Best regards

N

OK good point, so I checked this out and the results are:

- I don't have any bulk options enabled. However, thinking conceptually grid edit is the same thing so I tried to check for that.

- I do use grid edit often, and yes the AJAX "ticked and greyed" does depend on whether you have grid edit on or off.

- Having said that, turning off grid edit did not help solve for the original problem. Plus even if it did, that would be some progress but still short of where I need to be because I do need to use grid edit. 

Any other ideas? This is really helpful and really appreciated. The original issue will hopefully get fixed but these ancillary discoveries are useful in their own right!

Best regards

Hi,

I have one more idea, but I am not sure that it is a good idea :)

You can add fields to your tables with names of your parameters. These fields are not used anywhere, they are not displayed on any page. But if the name of a parameter is the same as the name of the field (even if the field is not used on the page), then parameter is not cleared after refreshing.

I hope, it makes sense.