Incorrect Result When Sorting Tables And Datapages

tvjohansson

Question

I'm getting an incorrect result when sorting tables and datapages with Swedish letters. The following letters are sorting incorrectly ÅÄÖ. I'm using the Swedish Localization.

Has anyone had the same types of sorting problems?

Does anyone know if this has to do with SQL Server collation limitations in Caspio?

2 answers to this question

Hi tvjohansson,

Welcome to Caspio Forum! :)

As far as I know, Caspio uses the UTF-8 encoding. I am not sure that it is possible to select another collation.

You can add one more field, replace Ã…ÄÖ with zzÃ…, zzÄ, zzÖ and sort by this field, if it works for you.

You can also add your request to the ideabox, and then this feature can be added in next releases.

Hi tvjohansson,

Welcome to Caspio Forum! :)

As far as I know, Caspio uses the UTF-8 encoding. I am not sure that it is possible to select another collation.

You can add one more field, replace Ã…ÄÖ with zzÃ…, zzÄ, zzÖ and sort by this field, if it works for you.

You can also add your request to the ideabox, and then this feature can be added in next releases.

Thank you Jan!

Well it still does't do the trick. I looked into other sources with the same problem and everyone pointed to the need for utf8_swedish_ci collation. I want to ask tech support if there's a way but for that I need a paid plan and I don't want to go that route if sorting of swedish characters isn't supported. Catch 22.

I'll add this as a request to the ideabox with little hope of this being addressed at all.

Thanks again Jan.