Best Way To Send E-Mail To Customers Pulling Info From Many Tables

ScottECE

Question

As part of my application, I want to send an e-mail to my customers.  The e-mail needs pull information from 4 different tables in my app.  I've tried doing this by creating a view including the tables and using the acknowledgement e-mail as part of a submission form.  The problem might be in the way that I set up the View.  The result is the acknowledgement form does not "pull" the information that I need from the 4 tables.

I'm looking for help in one of two ways.

1.  Is there a good help aid on creating views that contain 4 tables including both one to many and many to many relationships.

2.  Other than a submission form, is there a way to pull info from multiple Caspio tables and send it as an e-mail.  If not in Caspio, does anyone have a recommendation of another program that can read the Caspio data and send the e-mail?

Thanks,

Scott

2 answers to this question

Scott,

It sounds like the View is not setup correctly. Make sure you are using the correct type of join. You should have a customer ID field with common values on all tables so they link correctly. If you setup the table with all customer IDs as the left table and all other tables as right tables, you would use a left outer join to link all. Create a seperate join for each table you want to link, using a master table (that contains all customer IDs) on the left.