Search Defaults Submission Form

crazedwombat

Question

Hi,

I have a small problem and I think I am too close to the problem to figure it out anymore. I used the Caspio help file to create a same page search submission form with the virtual fields.

The search functionality works, however i have a separate form that pulls from a User_Search_Preference table that the user sets. 

I am trying to load the preferences when the search form loads (e.g. Drop down of fruit but they selected Apple in their search preference) I need to load Apple as the default on load value. The problem is in On Load there is no default value option, it is either external, auth, or system.

How can I prepopulate my search options from the Search_Pref table?

3 answers to this question

So I move everything to the authentication field and I'm still having a couple issues with it loading the search defaults.

The checkbox fields dont have the option of a authentication on load...can I get away with [@authfield:Loan_Amount_Pref]?

Also, even though I'm On loading the drop down menus from the auth fields, it is still not loading it. If I make changes to the search form real time it works fine but it is not loading the preferences from the table