Rounding To The Tenth Of A Percent

I need help with a calculation that needs to round to the tenth of a percent.

I have an update form with four fields. The fourth field is a calculation based on the numbers entered into 1, 2, and 3.

1. Management Expenses
  2. Fundraising Expenses
  3. Total Revenue
  4. AFR

My calculation must add management + fundraising and divide that sum by Total Revenue. The result should be input into the AFR field and rounded to the tenth of a percent. 

A few examples of what I need to accomplish:

500 + 500 / 12,000 = 0.0833333 this should be rounded to 8.3%

600 + 500 / 12,500 = 0.088 this should be rounded to 9.0%

The current code that I have used based on the first calculation above only shows 8.0%. I'm new to java so I don't know all the coding that I could be missing here.

One other wrinkle is that I would like the  calculation to strip any symbols. For example if someone enters $1,200  or $1,200.01 I would like to show only 1200 or 1200.01 in the field. I need a way to ensure no symbols are entered into those fields that may render a calculation error. 

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

function calculate()
 {
var v_management = parseFloat(document.getElementById("EditRecordManagemenExpenses").value);
var v_fundraising  = parseFloat(document.getElementById("EditRecordFundraisingExpenses").value);
var v_totalrevenue = parseFloat(document.getElementById("EditRecordTotalRevenue").value);

var v_afr  = (([v_management + v_fundraising] / v_totalrevenue)*100);

document.getElementById("EditRecordAFR").value = Math.round(v_afr).toFixed(1) + "%";
 }

/* On submitting the webform, the function calculate is executed */
 document.getElementById("caspioform").onchange=calculate;

</SCRIPT>

Any help would be appreciated!

One other wrinkle is that I would like the  calculation to strip any symbols. For example