Two different customers with the same name..

danielfreitas

Question

I have 2 tables to capture data from Customers and Orders with an active relationship between them using Inner Join, and displaying Customer name as a value in Orders table. I'm using a dropdown box to display Customers, but 2 of them have exactly the same name. When populating the Customers available in Orders DataPage, these customers are grouped under the same name and I can't find any method to separate or distinct their records... How can I work around this issue?

2 answers to this question

You need to have the unique field included in order submission page to save to the table. For instance in your order form you can include customer name dropdown which can be a virtual field and a cascading dropdown which shows customer unique ID like email address and if the same two name comes up you know which email email related to that name to choose

So I need to display and select two fields in order to bypass duplicate records? That could be a solution for data entry, but I'm not sure about reports and its filters.

Isn't it possible (and maybe even easier) to create calculated fields in a table or view using a function similar to concatenate (e.g. ID + First Name + Last Name)?

Thank you for your quick response, May!