From Search Form to another form

klyxmaster

Question

I hope this has not been asked already, I did not find it (close on conditional forms). it is two part, I may have to ask in a different thread.

ONE:

I would like it so that when a user does a SEARCH, and the results are nul, to allow them to search again, or popup a form. Example I have a form that searches for a customer, (works nice) but if the customer does not exist, I want it to popup a the new form that allows them to add a customer.

TWO

I have a customer table, and a vehicle table. the vehicle table has a customer id that relates to the customer table. once customer is found, I would like to add to the table a vehicle (or another vehicle ). Is that too advanced for caspio? I can definately write it in PHP, but if caspio can do it all, this would be great for a small biz like mine.

cheers

1 answer to this question

14 hours ago, klyxmaster said:

I hope this has not been asked already, I did not find it (close on conditional forms). it is two part, I may have to ask in a different thread.

ONE:

I would like it so that when a user does a SEARCH, and the results are nul, to allow them to search again, or popup a form. Example I have a form that searches for a customer, (works nice) but if the customer does not exist, I want it to popup a the new form that allows them to add a customer.

TWO

I have a customer table, and a vehicle table. the vehicle table has a customer id that relates to the customer table. once customer is found, I would like to add to the table a vehicle (or another vehicle ). Is that too advanced for caspio? I can definately write it in PHP, but if caspio can do it all, this would be great for a small biz like mine.

cheers

Hi, Happy Holidays!

It's possible to implement what you described. 

1) You may edit Localization, associated with the datapage and add a link to the submission form instead of "No records found message". You need to edit element#351 in Localization. Example of the link:

<a href="URL of the submission form">Add a new</a>

Also You mentioned that you would like to add a search again link. It's a standard setting and can be added in datapage wizard.

2) As far as I understand, when user adds a new record, you need to stamp that record with user's ID. It's possible, you may find a solution here

Please feel free to ask if something is not clear enough