Save Value in Virtual List box and pass as Parameter on button click (not Submit)

DesiLogi

Question

I have a submission form where there's a choice aside from the normal 'submit new record' function (that's available too but the user can also go this other route). 

There is a Virtual Field that is a List Box. The user can select a single record from this List Box (not multiple records) and then click a button (not the Submit button) to go to a different datapage. I need to pass the Value of the Virtual List Box as a parameter in the button's url link but don't know how to 'save' that value on the Virtual Fields' 'change'. 

Does anyone know how to use the Virtual field's current value (probably using a variable from 'on change'?) as a parameter in a url? 

In this example Virtual 1 is a List Box that stores a numerical unique ID value for the selection. I need to pass that in the url as a parameter.

<div style="text-align: center;"><a href="../mypage?ExampleID=[@cbParamVirtual1]&otherfieldID=[@otherfieldID]" target="_self"><input class="cb_custom_btn" type="button" value="LINK" /></a></div>

1 answer to this question

Ok, I have this worked out now if anyone needs something similar. The example code below is getting the value of 3 Virtual Fields and storing them as variables. It also creates 2 'labels' for the text that delineates what they are. Then it puts it all together in a single variable and uses that at the end of the url and passes as parameters like normal Caspio functions. 

<div style="text-align: center;">

<input class="cb_custom_btn" type="button" onclick="myfuntion()" value="LINK" />

<script>
function myfunction(){ 
var v_virt = document.getElementsByName("cbParamVirtual1")[0].value;
var v_virtc = document.getElementsByName("cbParamVirtual2")[0].value;
var v_virtm = document.getElementsByName("cbParamVirtual3")[0].value;
var v_virtcn = "&FieldName2ID="
var v_virtmn = "&FieldName3ID="

var v_urlend = v_virt + v_virtcn + v_virtc + v_virtmn + v_virtm

window.location.replace( "../my-page?FieldNameID=" + v_urlend);

}
</script>

</div>