Tire Hrs Calculation

mdav20

Question

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out a way to calculate the total hrs on a tire used on heavy equipment based on the equipment hours. 

When a tire is put on a piece of equipment the user will put a record for "installed" and input the equipment hours then when the tire is removed the equipment hours will be inputted again.  The tire can be installed and removed multiple times throughout its life.

I would like a way to calculate the hrs based on the oldest install date (first equipment hour input for that certain tire) and the latest install/removal date.

example ....   The tire(tire_id) is installed on 1/1/17(date) with 1000 equipment hrs on the equipment, its removed again at 1500 hrs on 2/1/17, its then installed on another equipment on 4/1/17 with 4000 hrs on the new equipment then removed again on 5/1/17 with 4200 hrs on the equipment.

So the tire actually has 700 hrs on it between the two equipment's it was placed on and removed from.

I think I will have to figure out a way to calculate the difference in hrs based on (removal hrs - installed hrs) and put that amount in a table tied to the tire then do another entry for the second equipment(removal hrs-installed hrs).  Then have a way to add up all these entries to figure out total hrs on tire.  

2 answers to this question

Hi mdav20,

Your thought is going in the right direction.

I would suggest having a table to store the data about installation/removal of tires. You can place a Formula field datatype to calculate hrs difference between hrs "installed" and "removed".

Here is a link to Formula field article: Data-types/formula-fields

You can use Pivot table report or Tabular Report (with grouping by tire_ID ) to calculate total hrs in use for each tire.

Pivot-table

Data_grouping

Thanks for the response!  I'm still struggling on how to make sure the installation/removal is tied together correctly because one tire can go be switched between multiple machines and different positions (left front, right front, etc)

On 4/3/2017 at 6:02 AM, Vitalikssssss said:

Hi mdav20,

Your thought is going in the right direction.

I would suggest having a table to store the data about installation/removal of tires. You can place a Formula field datatype to calculate hrs difference between hrs "installed" and "removed".

Here is a link to Formula field article: Data-types/formula-fields

You can use Pivot table report or Tabular Report (with grouping by tire_ID ) to calculate total hrs in use for each tire.

Pivot-table

Data_grouping