Select datarow

DavidM

Question

Hi - I am new to Caspio and cannot work out what I think should be simple.  I need to select a data row and return its related rows in another data page.  So essentially a Parent/Child form.

Not sure I am going about it the correct way.  I have a datapage report which shows all customers for a particular consultant who is logged in - this works fine. 

I have then added in a HTML block field that has a hyperlink as follows : <a href="https://c0aba431.caspio.com/dp.asp?AppKey=92a950009c9221fb4137448f810a&amp;CustomerID=[@field:CustomerID]">Select</a>

This also works as it opens a new page that shows the associated data.

My problem is it opens in a new window - I want it to simply update some embedded code which is on the same page as the customer listing.

Should I be doing it a different way? I have found the examples of how to pass the data to a new page etc. but I simply want to be able to select a data row and have it update the childs datapage data upon the parent selection.

Any assistance is appreciated.

1 answer to this question

On 6/20/2017 at 8:24 PM, DavidM said:

Hi - I am new to Caspio and cannot work out what I think should be simple.  I need to select a data row and return its related rows in another data page.  So essentially a Parent/Child form.

Not sure I am going about it the correct way.  I have a datapage report which shows all customers for a particular consultant who is logged in - this works fine. 

I have then added in a HTML block field that has a hyperlink as follows : <a href="https://c0aba431.caspio.com/dp.asp?AppKey=92a950009c9221fb4137448f810a&amp;CustomerID=[@field:CustomerID]">Select</a>

This also works as it opens a new page that shows the associated data.

My problem is it opens in a new window - I want it to simply update some embedded code which is on the same page as the customer listing.

Should I be doing it a different way? I have found the examples of how to pass the data to a new page etc. but I simply want to be able to select a data row and have it update the childs datapage data upon the parent selection.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Hi,

You may update data in a popup window if it works for you. Popup windows opens within the parent page