Pre-populate Submission with List for multiple tables

I have 6 different departments that each work on client projects.  They each want to have their own default lists for phases of new projects, steps within each phase, and tasks for those steps for new projects.  I have separate tables for projects, phases, steps, and tasks.  They want to be able to hit a button to create a new project and have a single page come up that has the project information across the top.  Then below this they want to see their default phases on the left, steps in the middle, then tasks, then the details for that task.  Attached is a screenshot of a mock-up layout from Excel.  I have put a bold border around each section that would populate a different table.

So when they hit the new project button on the menu, they want this page to open up with the names of the phases, steps, and tasks pre-populated from a template.  They then want to be able to change these names, if necessary, and fill in the rest of the information before submitting to update the various tables.  A high percentage of their jobs use the same phases, steps, and tasks so they don't want to have to enter this information for each new project or select it from a drop-down or listbox.  They want it to just automatically be there similar to a template in Excel. 

I am looking at creating another table with these defaults listed by department in combination with an autosubmit page based on their department from the employee table/authentication that would then lead to a results page that can be edited.  However, I am looking for ideas on how to accomplish this. 

Any ideas or thoughts are greatly appreciated as I have been told that if Caspio cannot do what they consider to be a simple Excel function then they will just continue to use Excel.  Thanks!

Update:  with the release of Bridge 9.9, I am using the triggered action on the project table to easily accomplish this.  Now I just have to figure out how to get the results page to look similar to the attached such that the Phase 1 section is the same height as the Steps for Phase 1 and Step 1 to be the same height as the Tasks for Step 1, etc.

Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 11.16.01 AM.png

Edited by SteveBlake
Update based on new release

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2017 at 6:28 PM, SteveBlake said:

I have 6 different departments that each work on client projects.  They each want to have their own default lists for phases of new projects, steps within each phase, and tasks for those steps for new projects.  I have separate tables for projects, phases, steps, and tasks.  They want to be able to hit a button to create a new project and have a single page come up that has the project information across the top.  Then below this they want to see their default phases on the left, steps in the middle, then tasks, then the details for that task.  Attached is a screenshot of a mock-up layout from Excel.  I have put a bold border around each section that would populate a different table.

So when they hit the new project button on the menu, they want this page to open up with the names of the phases, steps, and tasks pre-populated from a template.  They then want to be able to change these names, if necessary, and fill in the rest of the information before submitting to update the various tables.  A high percentage of their jobs use the same phases, steps, and tasks so they don't want to have to enter this information for each new project or select it from a drop-down or listbox.  They want it to just automatically be there similar to a template in Excel. 

I am looking at creating another table with these defaults listed by department in combination with an autosubmit page based on their department from the employee table/authentication that would then lead to a results page that can be edited.  However, I am looking for ideas on how to accomplish this. 

Any ideas or thoughts are greatly appreciated as I have been told that if Caspio cannot do what they consider to be a simple Excel function then they will just continue to use Excel.  Thanks!

Update:  with the release of Bridge 9.9, I am using the triggered action on the project table to easily accomplish this.  Now I just have to figure out how to get the results page to look similar to the attached such that the Phase 1 section is the same height as the Steps for Phase 1 and Step 1 to be the same height as the Tasks for Step 1, etc.

Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 11.16.01 AM.png

I think that you may try using cascading elements, this will let you fill out fields with data depending on value, selected value in a parent field.