Update form that can only be used once per user

Scott42

Question

Hello,

We're performing a big move from excel based "databases" in to a proper Caspio database.

We store a lot of customer information such as address. We'd prefer that our customers send us an e-mail to update their address information. However since we're transferring such a large number of users we'd like to give everyone the opportunity to update their data once without e-mailing us. 

I've created the update form for users, and created an additional field called "CaspioUpdate" in our table to mark whether or not that user has completed the update form or not. My rules on the form appear to work and do not allow the user to update their information if it finds data in the CaspioUpdate column for that user. The trouble I am having is having the CaspioUpdate column update AFTER the user has complete the form. How can we do this? 

1 answer to this question

On 10/11/2017 at 11:21 PM, Scott42 said:

Hello,

We're performing a big move from excel based "databases" in to a proper Caspio database.

We store a lot of customer information such as address. We'd prefer that our customers send us an e-mail to update their address information. However since we're transferring such a large number of users we'd like to give everyone the opportunity to update their data once without e-mailing us. 

I've created the update form for users, and created an additional field called "CaspioUpdate" in our table to mark whether or not that user has completed the update form or not. My rules on the form appear to work and do not allow the user to update their information if it finds data in the CaspioUpdate column for that user. The trouble I am having is having the CaspioUpdate column update AFTER the user has complete the form. How can we do this? 

Hi, what is the purpose of updating that field? Can you describe a workflow?

I suppose that you may need to have a separate datapage for this purpose