Food Database Link to Word Press Site

jwrigh10

Question

I have a Caspio database of grocery items. I need to create a WP page with a list of the items on which people can click. When they click on the item a page opens which is then populated by the information in the database. Also, would there be a way that when I add to the database in Caspio it creates a link on my WP page via a shortcode? Prior to going to WP I used Adobe Business Catalysts and this all happened via a webapp. Any suggestions regarding a plug-in or othewise would be greatly appreciated. I've upload a few pics from my old website to help visualize the process I'd like to re-create

New_Website.jpg

Main Dish Pop Out Menu.png

Main Dish Sub Menu.png

Pop Out Page.png

3 answers to this question

Hello jwrigh10,

You can absolutely create a list of your items and then click on each item which will direct you to the details page. Below is a how-to link for creating a  details page on a separate webpage.  

https://howto.caspio.com/tech-tips-and-articles/tech-parameters/results-and-details-on-two-separate-web-pages/ also you can install a plug in on Wordpress for Caspio. This is the latest version https://wordpress.org/plugins/custom-database-applications-by-caspio/?_ga=2.7003892.757134539.1515573327-354678873.1515573327

Hope this helps