Having a table read an image file from external web link

JFRin2210

Question

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to do a Bulk file Upload https://howto.caspio.com/files-and-images/bulk-file-import-and-export/ and when I tried to do it by every method mentioned there, it didn't work. I tried zipping the files and saving the folder as 'Files', I tried to upload several photos at once, and even when I tried to upload a single file I received the Invalid File message. Tried with both .png and .jpeg

The reason I'm doing this is because I'm creating a resume access database and the main problem I'm having is getting the image url from an external website to be read by Caspio when its in the table. I'm not using a Caspio form (When I tried using a Caspio form, the photos uploaded by the sample users worked fine) but rather I have to use a form from a pre-existing site, download it to excel, and re-configure it manually to be uploaded as a table to caspio. The main problem I'm having is with the photos (candidate headshots). The table in caspio doesn't recognize the web link in the excel table I upload  so I'm trying to upload photos by themselves (which is where I receive the 'Invalid File' error) and then I'd like to somehow connect the uploaded photo files to the appropriate entry in the table (which I don't know how to do). Is there a simpler way to do this? Ideally, if the table could read the web link and use that photo file, that'd solve my main problem. 

Thanks,

Rineet

1 answer to this question