Limit access based on jobsite

mdav20

Question

I would like to have access limited to records based on jobsite but also allow certain users to see all records (managers).

So say user1 is a jobsite worker, he needs to only be able to see his jobsite's records.

The area manager who is in charge of multiple jobsites needs to be able to see all records no matter what jobsite the record is tied to.

I currently have user_Authentication table with a field named jobsite and user level security linked on the datapage which works good for the jobsite workers but the managers can't see anything since they don't have a value in the field jobsite.

I don't want to have two datapages if possible.

Thank!

2 answers to this question

Hi @mdav20,

I understand that you like to have limited access to records based on jobsite but also allow a certain user like the manager to see all records.  Vitalikssssss is correct. 

You can also achieve that by using Record level Security. You just have to require authentication. On your Search Type, enable Restrict record access based on user identity. 

image.png.3b3e68c9ab3c24bed5474bca38a03003.png

You can also check this video tutorial: https://howto.caspio.com/getting-started/record-level-security-stamping-new-records/

Regards,

kristina