alineer

Authentication in a modal window?

Question

Hi all, 

I'm trying to do authentication in a modal window. It works fine on the happy path, as in the user inputs valid credentials . However, if a user puts in bad credentials or no credentials, the page refreshes and in order to see the error message, you must click the login button again. This is less than optimal UX. I have tried all the options in the standard Caspio feature set, and still can't seem to redirect to the modal window with the error message displayed on fail. I'm wondering if there's a way to achieve this behavior with javascript, or a clever workaround. 

Thanks.

5 answers to this question

Do you have a link to your page I can look at? Are you trying to create the same behavior to show error message if data entry is not valid? There must be a trigger behind this standard feature in Caspio for data validation. I do not think you can achieve this on browse side

When I click on login it takes me to https://sandbox.trackitez.com/index.html?cbr=f03d4000daaf244c3c874b938d19#login-modal

And now if I just hit refresh it refreshes the page and takes me to

https://sandbox.trackitez.com/index.html?appSession=XXXX

Therefor the pop up is not there. If I open the login again I see the error message .....

Yeah. I'm trying to figure out how to make it refresh and open the modal again, while displaying the error message.  Is there a way to grab that session key and add anchor for the modal to it?