Identify updates to a table

gravitysrhino

Question

I have an application that we use for new user access and termination requests. It helps when terminating a user to know which software, websites, hardware, etc., they had access to. Unfortunately, we don't have a good way to request new access to existing users while also updating the database. For example, a new user might be set up with an email address and a laptop, but later on they need a login for Website A.  I would like to create a form which allows them to update the user's record to include access to Webside A.

It seems simple enough to build a datapage which allows someone to update this record. But I am not sure how I would send a notification which tells me exactly what is being requested. If they already had access to Website A, and now they are asking for Website B, I would like a good way to identify the actual change being requested. I'd appreciate any help.

2 answers to this question

Thank you, I will look into that, although our plan was grandfathered in a while back and I don't think it ever included access to expert sessions.

My table has a single record for each individual with a lot of Yes/No values. A request is made for a new setup through a submission form, and they check the boxes that correspond to the software they want the user to have access to. Then at termination they are unchecked as access is disabled. The problem I am trying to solve is in between; a user who has already been set up with some boxes checked and now need additional boxes checked. I could ask people to check additional boxes and then display the new state, but I am not sure how to show which of the checked boxes are new vs which had already been checked at the initial submission.