Multiple "Clients" with restricted views/access in an App?

paulmurphy

Question

Hi,

I'm new to Caspio, so please forgive me if this is a fairly novice question!

I have an App developed with Caspio that I would like to have multiple "Clients" (i.e. users from different companies) access.

But, what would have to be in place is that the "Client" would only be able to access data that they've created. 

For example Client 1 accesses the App, updates a table through a Data Page, only Client 1 can view or edit that data. Likewise, Client 2 accesses the App, updates the same table with the same Data Page but only views or edits data that Client 2 has created. Client 2 cannot see the data that Client 1 has created and vice-versa.

In my table I have created a field called "Client_ID" but I'm not sure how I create the "write" rules in the Data Page, so when Client 1 is logged in, the field is automatically updated with Client_ID = 1. When Client 2 accesses the Data Page, Client_ID=2 when the table is updated.

Is this possible with Caspio or do you need to have separate Apps for separate Clients?

Thanks 

Paul

1 answer to this question

If you would like to receive the value in a submission/update or details page to stamp it to the record then you can change the form element to hidden and receive the parameter from authentication.  https://howto.caspio.com/authentications-and-connections/authentication/stamp-a-record-with-user-profile-data/

In report pages to return user-related data  https://howto.caspio.com/authentications-and-connections/authentication/record-level-security/