Results page, how do I display a unique value from a lookup table

MikeN

Question

I am using a Tabular Report to view data, and update some fields.  There is a field I want to use as a unique key to a lookup table and display the description from the lookup.  For example, I have rows of data regarding trees.  For field tree_name e.g. "Oak Tree" I want to display the Latin Name which would be contained in the lookup table "trees_and_latin_names" with key of tree_name (and another field with the Latin Name in it) .  Having solved this, if there is no value in the Tabular Report, I'd like the user to be able to type in their own value, this being written to their own data (not the lookup table "trees_and_latin_names". 

Any help would be appreciated !

Thanks, Mike.

1 answer to this question

Hello @MikeN

If you just want to combined fields with a unique key, you can just add a formula field to your table and add a code like this:
image.png.f67004cf29d5c2f8a8d5252b78adb682.png

and use that formula field in your Report DataPage to display it.

If you want to update the data in your formula field, you can just update the "Tree" & "LatinWord" field for the value in formula field to change too.

~WatashiwaJin~