Table based list, multiple values

Bibbinator

Question

Hi,

I have a table of topics. I have a table of tags. I want to associate one or more tags with a topic. I can use "List - String" and this does exactly what I want (I get a pop up when editing and can select multiple list values). How can I replicate this where tags is a table instead of a list?

I assume I need a 3rd table with TopicID and TagID with many-to-many relationships defined but I can't figure out how to get this to actually show the list in edit mode and save/update the entries. Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

Yes, you need to have a third table and then what you can do is to create a pre-defined report based on this third table which is filtered by Topic ID. Enable delete and inline insert on this tubular report, get the frame deploy code and place it in the footer of the details page of your Topic report. The frame has a source URL pass the ID of the Topic through this link so when you move to details of topic you only see associated tags.