Search within range

Scott17

Question

Hello,

I have a search and report based on a table that has a column for "minimum" and a column for "maximum".  I can put both of the fields on the "Configure Search Fields" with the Minimum having a comparison type of "Less Than or Equal" and the Maximum having a comparison of "Greater Than or Equal" so that the results are within the range.  However, that requires the user to basically enter the amount in both fields.  Is there a better way to do this so the user only has to enter the amount once?  I'm hoping I can turn one of the fields into a hidden element that automatically has the value of the other field, but I have not been able to get that going.  Thanks in advance!

-Scott

2 answers to this question

Hi @Scott17,

You can use simple Javascript code to copy the value from one field into another. 

You may use this snippet of code as an example:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

function copy()
{
var date1 = document.getElementById("ValueX_Y").value;  // X_Y values based on the layout of your fields

document.getElementById("ValueX_Y").value = date1; // X_Y values based on the layout of your fields

}

var date1 = document.getElementById("ValueX_Y").onchange=concatenate;

</SCRIPT>

-   ValueX_Y
          -   X is the form element order, which starts at 1 and increments based on the order of the element in the form.
          -   Y is the criteria. It starts at 1 and increments based on the criteria order. It is always 1 if the field has no extra criteria.

You may refer to the following topic which explains how to refer to Caspio Form elements:

Hope this helps.

Regards,

vitalikssssss

Hi Vitalikssssss

I appreciate the help, although, I am not sure where I should even be adding this JS code.  I think it should go on the "Configure Search Fields" on the element that I want to be matching.  However, I do not see a place to put the code anywhere.  Can you provide some additional clarification on that?

Thank you,

Scott