Send email to multiple different people based on field

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this question.

I would like to send a notification email to multiple people based on a field used in the submission form.    We have different jobsites with different supervisors at each one.  I have a field called "jobsite" that the user will pick the jobsite from on the submission form. 

For example if the user selects "CLEV" in form for jobsite and submits the form the notification email will only be sent to the supervisors in CLEV automatically.   Each jobsite could have between 2 and 4 supervisors so I will have to be able to send one email to multiple people also.  We currently have 17 jobsites within the company. 

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hello mdav20,

There are a couple ways to achieve this:

You could create a virtual field that cascades the emails, just create a separate lookup table with 2 columns: site_name and email_address and reference this table in your cascading virtual field (dropdown or text). For email addresses of all persons in that site, string together with ; inbetween each email. You can hide the calculated field in your submission form so user does not see, just follow these instructions: https://howto.caspio.com/tech-tips-and-articles/common-customizations/how-to-hide-fields-in-datapages/ . Then make sure to reference the virtual field in your TO field on the email template.

You could also try using formula fields to achieve this, but I think the above would work best. 

21 hours ago, Carlson said:

Hello mdav20,

You could create a virtual field that cascades the emails, just create a separate lookup table with 2 columns: site_name and email_address and reference this table in your cascading virtual field (dropdown or text). For email addresses of all persons in that site, string together with ; inbetween each email. You can hide the calculated field in your submission form so user does not see, just follow these instructions: https://howto.caspio.com/tech-tips-and-articles/common-customizations/how-to-hide-fields-in-datapages/ . Then make sure to reference the virtual field in your TO field on the email template.

You could also try using formula fields to achieve this, but I think the above would work best. 

Perfect, thank you!

On 10/25/2018 at 5:12 PM, Carlson said:

Hello mdav20,

For some reason it's not sending to multiple addresses.  It works when I use just one address.  I have a table with one field with email addresses separated with a ";"   example (matt@yahoo.com; joe@mail.com)

Hi,

A different approach would be to utilize the Triggered Actions instead. You'd just need a supervisors table then create a Triggered Action in your DataPage's DataSource.

image.thumb.png.a7cc9f18476098feb24cc90e8e69f2bf.png

--

Otherwise, if Triggered Actions are not available on your plan, I'd suggest to hardcode ("manually input") the emails on a another column in your jobsites table.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards,

DN31337

15 hours ago, DefinitelyNot31337 said:

Hi,

A different approach would be to utilize the Triggered Actions instead. You'd just need a supervisors table then create a Triggered Action in your DataPage's DataSource.

image.thumb.png.a7cc9f18476098feb24cc90e8e69f2bf.png

--

Otherwise, if Triggered Actions are not available on your plan, I'd suggest to hardcode ("manually input") the emails on a another column in your jobsites table.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards,

DN31337

Thanks for your help!