How to overwrite date format

molly1990

Question

Hello everyone,
I have a multilanguage online shopping website and location of users are different and I need change and display the date format base on user's location from mm/dd/yyyy to dd/mm/ yyyy, My problem with Caspio is their data pages use something called a 'Localization' that sets the format for field values. There's only 1 option for date format: either have to be mm/dd/yyyy OR dd/mm/ yyyy and it cannot differentiate the user's location and switch them based on that.
Is there a solution to this problem? Please help me if you can.
Thanks

1 answer to this question

This is not something that can be done easily in the system by using standard features. If your users log in and we can get the location of the user from login you can either redirect them to different websites you have generated for each region or have a javascript to change the date format but they all need to be saved to the table in the same format.  I would recommend you to contact Caspio professional services in this regard: http://caspio.com/professional-services/