How to structure my [Inventory + Recipe sheets] ?

sergekaramazov

Question

Hello,
As complete beginner, I'm trying to figure out if Caspio is the right tool for my project : a technical recipes book with food items inventory management .
The aim is to manage my costs and margins for a given recipe. Not to explain how to make an omelette :)
I gave a try, and of course i am stuck on many subjects, but my request here is to make sure the STRUCTURE of my project is set up right.

Project (.. what i expect) :
- an Inventory of foodstuffs (sub-categories, prices, supplier, date of purchase, ..)
-  multiple recipes sheets to view cost, margin, food loss... based ONLY on my Inventory items.
- an online form to add new recipes sheets

Structure (.. what i've done so far) :
- [inventory_table] : the Inventory to list all my items
- [inventory_datapage] : display and edit the inventory
- [recipe01_table] : list the items i've select from the Inventory, with shared parameters (product_ID, product_price, product_unit), and unique parameters (used_quantity, item_loss, margin)
- [recipe01_datapage] : display and edit the first recipe

Ok, now my question is :  Is this structure any good ?..
It seems like am going to duplicate over and over similar [recipe##_table] and [recipe##_datapage].

Can someone enlighten me please ?
Thanks

3 answers to this question

Hi @sergekaramazov,

Your current structure is good, and it can be construct even better.

As what @SunakoChan said, for you to successfully achieve the goal of your application you need to make sure that the tables are well-structured.  And the first step in creating a web-based application is to build a normalized table.

For :

On 2/13/2019 at 3:36 PM, sergekaramazov said:

- an Inventory of foodstuffs (sub-categories, prices, supplier, date of purchase, ..)

- This process can be all done/create inside your table or View, the helpful documentation is provided above(by: SunakoChan).

And for this:

-  multiple recipes sheets to view cost, margin, food loss... based ONLY on my Inventory items.

- You can use Caspio's Report DataPage(s) to display all the records in your Inventory items.

Check this Documentation: 

https://howto.caspio.com/faq/reports-datapages/

https://howto.caspio.com/tech-tips-and-articles/advanced-customizations/create-embeddable-tabbed-interface/

Lastly, for:

- an online form to add new recipes sheets

- What you can use for adding a new recipe sheets is Caspio's Submission form.

Check this documentation:

https://howto.caspio.com/datapages/forms/submission-forms/

You can also check the free Ready-Made-Application that Caspio offer here. You may found a similar RMA for your application. 

And by the way, there are many great ways to learn Caspio platform. Caspio also offer free instructor-led training sessions multiple times per week and are open to everyone. However, you must sign up to reserve a seat. You can sign up to this  link.

I hope this helps :) 

~WatashiwaJin~