Calculated Field Details Page change when checkbox is enabled

GIOVAN

Question

Hello,

We need to approve all overtime hours. We can search from a Tabular report and then open Details Page to approve the overtime.

I want that when I checked BRW_Overtime_Approve. The field BRW_Overtime_Approved_Date = '[@cbTimestamp]' and field BRW_Overtime_Approved_by = '[@authfield:BRW_Employee_Full_Name]'.
I have done this with Calculated Field to get the info. Fields BRW_Overtime_Approved_Date  and  BRW_Overtime_Approved_Date are Hidden and On load, receive: Data Source Field CalculatedField1 and CalculatedField2.

CalculatedField1:

CASE WHEN [@field:BRW_OverTime_Approve]=1
THEN 
'[@authfield:BRW_Employee_Full_Name]'
ELSE
''
END

CalculatedField2:

THEN 
'[@cbTimestamp]'
ELSE
''
END

The problem with this is that it works only when the datapage load, when we unchecked BRW_Overtime_Approve, CalculatedField1 and CalculatedField2 do not change automatically. Can anyone help me with this.

7 answers to this question

Thanks George for taking the effort to do this.
I forgot that we choice Calculated Value in the Details Page.

I have done this, now I am getting the following 2 problems:

1. The formula for BRW_OverTimeAproved_by is good but the Details Page is showing System.Object instead of the Full_Name.

2. When I used the following formula for BRW_OverTime_Approved_Date the Calculated Value give the error the formula is not good.  BRW_OverTime_Approved_Date is an Date/Time field.

THEN 
[@cbTimestamp]
ELSE
''
END

When I change [@cbTimestamp] in GetDate() the formula seems to be okay but on Details Page is showing also System.Object. I never got this System.Object Before.

Error_1.png

Error_2.png

Hello, I know it's a bit late, but for the other that may come across to this post, 

you need to use SysUTCDateTime() instead of [@cbTimestamp].

I tried this and it validates as expected:

CASE WHEN [@field:BRW_OverTime_Approve]= '1'
THEN 
SysUTCDateTime()
END

Assuming that [@field:BRW_OverTime_Approve] is a Text field that's why there's  quotation marks between 1.

Hope this helps.