Persistent (multi-day) logins

ronbrumbarger

Question

Hello - This has surely been addressed on the boards before, but for the life of me, I cannot find such...

I want users to be able to login to an app with the "timeout" of 7 days and NOT have to login again when accessing the same secured page until the expiration of that window of time, even after the browser is closed.  My "time out after" setting is set to 7 days, but I'm not sure this is the right way to set this duration or if that's the intent of this setting.

Help a guy out?

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

Hi ronbrumbarger, you must be referring to the Timeout settings of your Authentication. So, you set it out to 1 week? This will work but the user can still log in after closing the browser. You can add new fields to the data source Table of your Authentication and use these fields to track the status and the number of days elapsed since the first day of login of a user. Then, you can use Tasks to increment the field that is holding the number of days elapsed and update the users that should be marked as restricted in accessing the DataPage. Your Authentication should have filtered user records to restrict access.

Hi ronbrumbarger, another workaround is using Caspio Web Services API (if this is included in your account plan) to update your user records. You may need an understanding of APIs and a programming/scripting language to implement this successfully.

On 4/9/2019 at 3:08 AM, ronbrumbarger said:

Thank you @AtayBalunbalunan. My account doesn't have Tasks enabled... Aside from that approach, might you have another idea?