Multiple buttons with different actions

I have an additional save button added on my detail page apart from the one at the bottom. I’m wondering if there is a way to configure these two to do two different actions. Preferred way is: additional save button to save and load the same page where the button at the bottom to save the record and display a confirmation message. at the moment both buttons save and load the same form after hit save.

below is the code for the additional save button.

<div style="margin-left: 1350px;">
<input class="cbSubmitButton" id="Submit" name="Submit" onmouseout="cbButtonHover(this,'cbSubmitButton');" onmouseover="cbButtonHover(this,'cbSubmitButton_hover');" type="submit" value="Save" /></h3></div>

Appreciate your ideas.

Cheers

Vindy

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Vindy,

To display a confirmation message after the additional save button has been clicked you should add the onclick attribute with the alert function in it. Please try the following code for the button:

<input class="cbSubmitButton" id="Submit" name="Submit" onclick="alert('The record has been saved')"  type="submit" value="Save" />