Return to result page after updating child table

Milton

Question

Hi,

How can I return to the result page after updating the details in a separate page?

For example, I  have two tables:  A parent table and a child table in a one-to-many relationship. Like a Purchase Order that has a header (parent table) and the individual lines of the Purchase Order  (child table). I created a Search and Update page to search out the purchase order header table and then add a footer to link to the purchase order line datapages to edit the records there. As they're separate tables and datapages, there's no embeded button to retrun to the results page. I added a button to return to the search page, but each time I have to re-select the filter paramters again. I'm wondering how can I return to the results page?

Many thanks,

1 answer to this question

You can either open the details page as a popup so user can close when they are done and go back to the report.

If you know coding you can open the details on the same page you have deployed your report page. For instance in the block next to results which changes on each click.

You can also separate your search and result in 2 pages and pass all the parameters you used to filter your report back to the pre-defined report page.