End user bulk import via data page

Mikey

Question

Newer to caspio and building out an app. The users need to be able to csv and excel import their contact lists to a table. It does not seem that we can allow a user (not back-end import) to import via a web page.

Has anyone set this up with 3rd party tools and zapier or something?  Or maybe there is a way to do this that I cannot find.. seems pretty basic to allow a user to import their data to a table for them.. got to be a way ….

Thank you!

10 answers to this question

Hi @Mikey,

I am afraid that this feature is not available in Caspio and I doubt that you will be able to find and easy workaround.

I have found a feature request in Caspio Ideabox where you can give your vote for this feature.

Alternatively, you may consider using shareable Google Sheet where users can copy/past the data and Zapier to sync this spreadsheet with Caspio.

Please note that only Premium account in Zapier allows to have near real time sync with Caspio. Free account has 5 minutes interval to perform a Zap.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

vitalikssssss

53 minutes ago, douvega said:

Hello, all that told me was to use a third party tool to sync to capsio using integromat which is like zapier.. anyone actually do anything like this?/ You know, click a button on a page (some third party tool etc?) to upload a excel or csv into caspio table? If so which third party service did you use? 

42 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Hello, all that told me was to use a third party tool to sync to capsio using integromat which is like zapier.. anyone actually do anything like this?/ You know, click a button on a page (some third party tool etc?) to upload a excel or csv into caspio table? If so which third party service did you use? 

Did you actually checked the tool? I was able once to import csv files with that service for a customer, it is not wasy but it is possible

Hmm, I am not sure what tool you are referring to. The link went to Integromat website which allows for services to interchange. I get that if I had a SQL database elsewhere, created a web upload to the sql, I could then sync back to caspio table with zapier or integroamat.. I am wondering what tool you are referring to within integromat.. what did integromat connect to that then sync'd to caspio table?

FYI - thank you for trying to help!! I do appreciate the community of folks that helps us new people!

Hmm, I am not sure what tool you are referring to. The link went to Integromat website which allows for services to interchange. I get that if I had a SQL database elsewhere, created a web upload to the sql, I could then sync back to caspio table with zapier or integroamat.. I am wondering what tool you are referring to within integromat.. what did integromat connect to that then sync'd to caspio table?

FYI - thank you for trying to help!! I do appreciate the community of folks that helps us new people!

You must create a field that captures the csv field in your app.
Parse the file with Integromat
POST the rows to Caspio using Integromat

Those are like general steps but you will need writting JS and using APIs for achieving it. If you do not have time to do it, the best way to proceed will be to hire a developer since that is not an easy task.

44 minutes ago, douvega said:

You must create a field that captures the csv field in your app.
Parse the file with Integromat
POST the rows to Caspio using Integromat

Those are like general steps but you will need writting JS and using APIs for achieving it. If you do not have time to do it, the best way to proceed will be to hire a developer since that is not an easy task.

I will check it out a little closer... thank you for trying to point me in the right direction...