Layouts

DruidCtba

Question

I am a new user on the Caspio service and would like to take some questions about the page layout of the datapages.

1. Why can't I determine the size of the column to be displayed in a field, for example: film that is a 255 character text field? After much searching the only solution I found was to create a title (General Options / Label) with the size of the field (Name of the film in Brazil (Name of the original film - Name of the film in English if any)), but this is not correct, is there any option for that, I hope so because this is basic in layout?

466518511_Camada1.thumb.jpg.87a0683fde3698a743f538c81e1f871c.jpg

2. In a form presentation I did not find an option for the consecutive lines to appear in different colors in "Select Styles", is this possible?

349215872_Seila.thumb.jpg.9fb2f2c38b14f2335cf30c82774c0328.jpg

3. I use WordPress to have a dynamic page with a more beautiful layout, but when I import the datapages into it I have no way to change the layout of them, and the layouts here seem somewhat plastered and ugly, is there any way to edit the layouts of the datapages here on the Caspio portal or even on WordPress, do I use the Elementor plugin, the most used plugin on WordPress until the present date 03/09/2020?
For example: I would like to change the layout of the survey, for example: I have three fields in my example, being film, year and uploader, and I would like to put them in the same line, and that the responsive aligns this on devices such as tablet and androids and iOS phones.NovoLayoutPesquisa.thumb.jpg.20dd67c29751bfb8eff8db51cadafe47.jpg

I appreciate all possible help for me to improve the presentation of my datapages because I really liked their database service and that was what was missing in WordPress to make it a product without a competitor in the market.

Att.

José Roberto Chaurais.

8 answers to this question

Hi @DruidCtba,

In regards to your questions:

1. Datapage and columns width adjusted automatically in order to fill out the container where it is embedded and to fit content of columns.

You can define the width of the columns as explained in this article: https://howto.caspio.com/datapages/datapage-components/field-configuration-options/field-and-column-width/

Quite often this setting gets overwritten if Datapage do not fit the container. You can define width of the Datapage (container) as explained in this article:

https://howto.caspio.com/styles/fix-the-width-of-the-datapage/

2. It is possible to have separate colors for Odd and Even rows. You can change the color of Even rows in the following settings in Caspio Styles:

2G3oWeB.png

3. It is possible to change the layout of fields. There is a checkbox field in "Advanced"which allows you to place fields in the same line and also change the position of labels.

You can check this article for more information:

https://howto.caspio.com/styles/put-multiple-fields-on-one-line/ 

Hope this helps.

Regards,

vitalikssssss

You would have a solution for this impasse my friend Vitalikssssss: https://forums.caspio.com/topic/11318-include-entry-that-is-not-in-the-options-of-a-radio-buttons/

Regards,

Druid®.

P.S. 

I saw this answer from you in a topic here (https://forums.caspio.com/topic/10968-populate-field-2-based-on-value-of-field-1/) but I can't see it in Form Element the Calculate Value option, this is why I am a Free user?

I thought about using a virtual1 field, like a radio button, if the option chosen is OTHER, I make a virtual2 field visible and allow the user to enter a value, I just don't know how to create an IF or CASE logic in the calculated field of the field. table that will receive an option from virtual1 if not OTHER or the value entered in the virtual2 field if the user chose OTHER, this would be a possible solution to my problem, as being a Free user I do not have access to Caspio's TRIGGER.

Edited by DruidCtba
Complementary question

Hi @DruidCtba,

Indeed, Free account do not have access to features like Triggered Actions or Calculated value.

You may use Formula field with CASE logic in table level. Formula fields available in Free account. 

https://howto.caspio.com/tables-and-views/data-types/formula-fields/

Your CASE expression can look like this.

CASE

WHEN [@FIELD_A] = '' THEN [@FIELD_B]

ELSE [@FIELD_A]

END

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vitalikssssss

Sorry my friend @Vitalikssssss, but I didn't really understand this logic field Caspio's formula for my case.

I think you understand my problem and know Caspio in depth, so if possible you could show me step by step how I do this to solve this simple problem of having more options than those presented on radio buttons or dropdowns for a given field. my table?

I imagined an AUX_TIPO field and the original TIPO field, but the TIPO field being a calculated field that would have a value other than those presented to the user, where would I allow the user to enter this value? That is what I have not understood so far.

Regards,

Druid®.

Ah yes, now I understand the logic my friend @Vitalikssssss, but this will create another problem that is insoluble from my point of view, I already have data in my table and there are few, 9,878 rows in my table, if I use the TYPE field as a field calculated i lose all the information i already have in this column, this is not feasible for me.

But now I have a question, if I have to create two more fields to use this logic that was suggested to me, I would not be creating extra fields in my table and in return this would not be very productive since it increases the size of my table in the database with unnecessary fields?

Regards,

Druid®.

P.S. To test I created three fields: Tipo_Teste, Aux_Tipo and Aux_OutroTipo, but CASE in the calculated Tipo_Teste field works, but for me as I said it is not viable, because the real TYPE field already contains information that I cannot lose.

P.S.2. How such a simple thing can become so complicated since the CASPIO service didn't think like google docs thought more sens

One last question, my friend @Vitalikssssss, that could solve this problem of mine by the logic of the Caspio service but I was unable to solve it, is about parameters to be passed.

For example in my case if I create a virtual field like a radio button and pass the chosen value to the real field, it should not pass the chosen value to this field, and then I could use a RULES that if the chosen field is ANOTHER with the EQUAL BLANK value, would it make this field editable for the user to enter the value of his choice different from what I gave as default options?

I tried but it didn't happen, it even takes before I choose an option a random value from the radio button options, because it doesn't work, wouldn't that be the idea of passing parameters?

CampoVirtualCaspio00.jpg

CampoVirtualCaspio01.jpg

CampoVirtualCaspio02.jpg

CampoVirtualCaspio03.jpg

Regards

Druid®.