Updating child records in one table

Kuroshi

Question

I have a table that has a multiple duplicated User_ID. Below are my table structure:

Username	Checkbox1	Checkbox2	Textfield
Test		
Test			
Test			
Test2			
Test2			
Test2		

If I check atleast one in Checkbox1 field with a 'Test' Username, all Checkbox2 with a username of 'Test' will be checked and all Textfield with a username of 'Test' will be marked as 'done'. I tried creating atriggered action but I am getting a recursive error. Can you help?

1 answer to this question

Hi,

I had a similar issue before. Based on what I encounter before, you're current workflow can't be achieved if you are updating the records inside the same table. What I suggest is instead of updating the record on the table itself, you can pass or store the ID of the updated record to another table. After that, create a triggered action on the newly added table that will update the actual main table base from the ID you store on the other table.

The reason why I suggest to use two tables is because you will encounter a recursion error when you used one table to update the child records just like what you mentioned.

I hope this helps.

- Barbie