Pivot Table Column limit

skcombs

Question

What does this error message mean:  "Pivot tables cannot have more than 200 columns."

I have specified 5 columns and 9 rows with 5 calculated values.  If I try to add another column and calculated value, I see this message. The columns are fields that have Yes/No values,  The calculated values are convert Yes values to number 1s and sum.  In the resulting Pivot Table, I see a count of all the Yes values, a count of all the No values, and the totals.   How can adding another column trigger the error?

image.thumb.png.4db5aa3bca726d3cfdacb02bfda058d0.png

1 answer to this question

Hello @skcombs,

I have created a pivot table before and I was able to add more than 10 fields in the column part. And on the row part, it gives me a limitation up to 10 fields only. I am not sure why you encounter that issue but when I reached the limit in Rows, it does not let me click the plus sign only. No error. 

Please try to check this articles as well for more info: https://howto.caspio.com/datapages/reports/pivot-table/