Remove the option once selected in a dropdown

Kuroshi

Question

I have here an inline Add form. Is it possible that once an item is already selected, the item will no longer be selected on the same instance? Only one dropdown. So basically, once the option is selected in the dropdown will not be included already once selected.

2 answers to this question

Hi, I tried this workflow before and I think it is similar to what you are trying to achieve. I believe that best way to do this is to create another table to save these options. This will serve as your lookup table, you may also need to create a View and Triggered actions. Please refer to the steps below on how to achieve it.

1. Create a table that will consist of the options that you want to use in your dropdown.

2. On the said table, add another field and set its DataType to a checkbox. You may refer to this sample Table that I created:

3. Create a View and use the table mentioned above that will filter the records and display the unchecked records which means it is not yet selected in the dropdown option. Please refer to this:

4. On your main table used as a Data Source in your DataPage, create a Triggered action that will update the lookup table that if the record is selected, the checkbox will be checked. Please refer to this sample Triggered action that I created:

5. Lastly, please configure your DataPage and use the lookup table that you will create. Please refer to this: 4503168

Also, please note that you need to disable your AJAX if you want to update the dropdown in real-time every time you add a new record.

- Barbie