Don't Allow Prior Dates on Submission Form

I have a submission form that I need to not allow users from submitting the form with an date that is prior to the current month.  Also I only want to block this on or after the 5th of each month.  So for example if it is 06/02/2021, they can submit the form with a prior date.  But if it is 06/05/2021 or after for example, then they can only submit the form with a date of 06/01/2021 or after.   I am already using multiple rules to display other messages and block the Submit button but I think I am at the point where some rules are conflicting with others.  So I thought some Java script might be able to handle this better.  I am a copy and paste type of java script person so I very much appreciate anyone's talent that can provide code to do this.  I'm fairly good at tweaking the code once the main functionality is there.

On 6/7/2021 at 3:00 PM, jimarch said:

I have a submission form that I need to not allow users from submitting the form with an date that is prior to the current month.  Also I only want to block this on or after the 5th of each month.  So for example if it is 06/02/2021, they can submit the form with a prior date.  But if it is 06/05/2021 or after for example, then they can only submit the form with a date of 06/01/2021 or after.   I am already using multiple rules to display other messages and block the Submit button but I think I am at the point where some rules are conflicting with others.  So I thought some Java script might be able to handle this better.  I am a copy and paste type of java script person so I very much appreciate anyone's talent that can provide code to do this.  I'm fairly good at tweaking the code once the main functionality is there.

Not sure if what I understood is correct, but, you can try this, create a Calculated Value, this is to check if the date today is less than 5 or not. If it's 1, user can input any date, if it's 0, only on the current month and later.

CASE WHEN DATEPART(day, GetUTCDate()) <5 OR (DATEPART(day, GetUTCDate()) >= 5 AND DATEPART(month,GetUTCDate()) <= DATEPART(month, [@field:Date]))

THEN 1

ELSE 0

END

Script on the footer: (change the number on cbParamVirtual1 depending in your Virtual Field)

<script>

document.addEventListener("BeforeFormSubmit", function(e){

var a= document.querySelector("input[name='cbParamVirtual1']").value;

if (a == 0){
e.preventDefault();
alert("Please input Date within or after the current month");

}

});

</script>

If you want this to trigger on change of the field that is being used in the Calculated Field.

Change the InsertRecordFIELDNAME to your actual field's id
cbParamVirtual1 to your Virtual Field's name if it's 1 2 3 or whatevers

<script>

document.getElementById("InsertRecordFIELDNAME").addEventListener("change", function(e){

document.querySelector("input[name='cbParamVirtual1']").addEventListener("change", function checker(){

if (a == 0){ //if Calculated Value is 0 then alert

//add another code
}

this.removeEventListener("change",checker);
});

});

</script>

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2021 at 12:03 PM, TellMeWhy said:

Not sure if what I understood is correct, but, you can try this, create a Calculated Value, this is to check if the date today is less than 5 or not. If it's 1, user can input any date, if it's 0, only on the current month and later.

CASE WHEN DATEPART(day, GetUTCDate()) <5 OR (DATEPART(day, GetUTCDate()) >= 5 AND DATEPART(month,GetUTCDate()) <= DATEPART(month, [@field:Date]))

THEN 1

ELSE 0

END

Script on the footer: (change the number on cbParamVirtual1 depending in your Virtual Field)

<script>

document.addEventListener("BeforeFormSubmit", function(e){

if (a == 0){
e.preventDefault();

}

});

</script>

If you want this to trigger on change of the field that is being used in the Calculated Field.

Change the InsertRecordFIELDNAME to your actual field's id
cbParamVirtual1 to your Virtual Field's name if it's 1 2 3 or whatevers

<script>

document.getElementById("InsertRecordFIELDNAME").addEventListener("change", function(e){

document.querySelector("input[name='cbParamVirtual1']").addEventListener("change", function checker(){

if (a == 0){ //if Calculated Value is 0 then alert

//add another code
}

this.removeEventListener("change",checker);
});

});

</script>

Will this code work for edits made on Search/Report datapages too? I'm trying to validate that an updated/inserted date is not more than 1 week before the current date.

And if so, where does the last string of code go?

6 minutes ago, pmcfarlain said:

Will this code work for edits made on Search/Report datapages too? I'm trying to validate that an updated/inserted date is not more than 1 week before the current date.

And if so, where does the last string of code go?

Are you using Inline Edit and Inline Insert? If so, this will not work, because Results page is an entirely different behavior